Monday, November 11, 2013

Teamwork Makes the Dream Work



 
I treated my students' parents to a sweet snack for parent-teacher conferences this week. It's so amazing to have so much support, and know that together we can come up with a plan to help their kids be successful in school and in life. It was great to chat with some parents I already know, meet some parents I'd never met, and get to know some parents I didn't know that well. Parents that couldn't make it in because of busy schedules, made time to talk on the phone to show their support for the children. Teamwork really does make the dream work, and no child would make it far without loving, supporting parents that care about their future. I am looking forward to the rest of the school year and collaborating even more with my rock star parents!
Thank you parents for all that you do at home to help your students get their homework completed, getting them dressed, fed, off to school on time, and meeting/talking with me when we need to resolve tough issues. I see your effort and I truly appreciate you! Some parents have even made stuff at home for us, sent in snacks for us, and donated prizes to our treasure box. I forget to ask for things, because they are always one step ahead of me!
I am new to my school this year and my students and parents have made me feel right at home.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
xo
Mrs. O’Brien

 

No comments:

Post a Comment